This Mexican Quinoa Bowl will blow your mind! It’s easy, healthy and oh so delicious.
Packed full of flavor, protein from quinoa and healhty fats from our avocado. This bowl is the perfect summer meal. Quick, refreshing and minimal time in the kitchen!
This salad requires 7 simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry. It comes together in no time and it’s great for meal prepping, as this salad gets better while in the fridge overnight so the quinoa can absorb all the flavors.
I LOVE cooking with quinoa. It’s so versatile; I can flavor with whatever seasonings I want and it will taste amazing (like tofu).
Pronounced as KEEN-wah, is a gluten free seed that can make a great substitute for rice and other grains. Packed with protein and fiber and being one of the few plant-foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids.
If you never tried quinoa before, give it a go and I promise you won’t regret it. At first I didn’t actually liked it, the texture was a bit off and the flavor was… simply not the best. But with the right seasonings and dressings these little seeds can be very tasty and honestly very filling as well.
Now I’m eating quinoa almost every day and I love it!
One more reason I love this salad is because I’m lazy! I love throwing different vegetables in a bowl and call it a meal…
While the quinoa is cooking, prep and cut your veggies, blend the dressing and mix everything in a bowl.
If this is not the ultimate LAZY bowl then I dont know. 😉
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag a photo #earthlingeats on Instagram!Print
This mexican quinoa bowl is healthy, quick and packed full of nutrients, protein and mexican flavors. Great for a healthy lunch or dinner!
For the salad:
- 2 cups of baby greens (baby spinach or lettuce)
- 1 cup boiled quinoa (I use a mix of white and red quinoa)
- 1 cup of cooked black beans
- 1/2 of cooked sweet corn
- 5 or 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 small onion diced (I use shallots or green/spring onions)
- a few cilantro leaves (optional/ for decor)
For dressing: Mustard Lemon Vinaigrette
- Mix the greens, the quinoa, the beans, the corn, the cherry tomatoes and the onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing and mix it well.
- Top the salad with the avocado.
- You can use brown rice instead of quinoa.
- Feel free to top it with some salsa and serve it with some pitta chips.
- You can make a double batch of dressing and keep it in the fridge for up to a week. You can dress almost all of your salads with this dressing.
- Top this bowl with sriracha to give this salad a kick.
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican