As you probably can tell until now, I like wraps, like A LOT. Either it’s breakfast wraps or these 2 yummy veggie ones that I made in less than an hour (including baking the veggies). Having wraps for either breakfast or lunch is an easy and quick way to pack in the veggies + is satisfying!
For the wrap number 1, we are going to use canned chickpeas (easier and faster) but if you have the time you can cook your own chickpeas. We are going to mix the chickpeas with some salt and salsa (or any hot sauce) and cook them in the pan for a few minutes.
Add the cooked chickpeas on a warm tortilla wrap with some baby salad leaves, thinly sliced bell peppers and some tahini mixed with lemon juice and a little bit of hot water. Until it gets to a runny consistency. Drizzle that on top, fold your wrap and enjoy hot or cold.
For the wrap number 2, we are going to start by roasting some nice, yummy vegetables. I like eggplant, zucchini, and colorful bell peppers. But you can also use onions or carrots. Then we are going to cut the roasted veg into small bite-size pieces. Mix in two tablespoons of hummus and some chopped parsley and dill. You can also add different spices, like smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and oregano.
We give it a good mix and like with the wrap nr. 1 we will add our veggies + hummus mixture on a warm tortilla wrap with some baby salad leaves, some cherry tomatoes, and grated carrot. DELISH!!!
These yummy wraps can be enjoyed either for a grab & go breakfast or lunch when you are in a rush. Simply make them the night before, store them in the fridge and warm them the next day.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag a photo #earthlingeats on Instagram!Print
Amazing 2 – Way Quick Veggie Wraps with spicy chickpeas and tahini sauce or baked veg with hummus and lots of fresh vegetables. A healthy and satisfying plant-based meal for a grab & go breakfast or lunch.
For the Spicy Chickpea Wrap Filling:
- 1 can chickpeas (230 grams)
- 2 tablespoons salsa (or hot sauce)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- juice from half a lemon
- hot water (to achieve desired consistency)
For the baked Veggie + Hummus Wrap Filling:
- 1 medium size eggplant
- 1 big zucchini
- 1 bell pepper (your favorite colour)
- 2 tablespoons hummus (I used store bought)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley and/or dill
- salt & pepper to taste
For the wraps:
- 4 or 5 large tortilla wraps (I used whole grain)
- baby salad leaves
- thinly sliced bell peppers
- 5 halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 grated carrot
- Preheat the oven to 200° Celsius. Cut the eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers. Lay them on a baking tray and season with salt & pepper.
- In a bowl toss together the chickpeas, salsa or hot sauce and the salt & pepper.
- Cook the chickpea mixture in a pan over high heat for 5 minutes. Until it gets hot and crispy.
- When the veggies are ready, cut them into bite size pieces and add them to bowl together with the hummus, the spices and the parsley and/or dill.
- Make the tahini dressing by adding the tahini in a small bowl and mix in with the lemon juice, some salt and a little bit of hot water until it gets to your desired consistency.
- Warm up the tortilla wraps and fill them up with spicy chikpeas, thinly sliced bell peppers and tahini dressing with some baby salad leaves. Or with the veggies and hummus mixture, with some cherry tomatoes and grated carrot. ENJOY!
- These wrap can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- You can make them in advance, store them in the fridge and warm them up the next day for a quick and easy breakfast or lunch.