This citrus avocado salad dressing is to die for. So light & refreshing which is perfect for any (summer) salad. Salad dressings like this one are my favorite way to add flavor to boring salads and elevate them to their true (flavorful) potential.
I'm going to tell you a little secret. If you feel like your salads are boring and they suck, you're missing a big piece of the puzzle: A GOOD OL' salad dressing. A dressing can give so much more flavor to your otherwise (boring) salads. It's important to choose the freshest ingredients for maximum flavor but the dressing is what brings and ties everything together.
A salad tastes much differently with and without the dressing. So go ahead and whip this quick dressing and you'll notice how many more salads you'll want to eat, just because the dressing is so delicious.
I love this dressing on my Baby Spinach & Quinoa Salad!
Why you should make your salad dressing at home
There are many reasons why you should opt to make your own salad dressings at home and avoid the store-bought ones like the plague. First of all the store-bought salad dressings are far from healthy. They are full of fats and preservatives, artificial ingredients like colors & flavors + tons of sugar. Overall many of them are full of low-quality ingredients too. And if you can find a good high-quality bottled dressing, they are, however very expensive.
You can make your own homemade dressing for a fraction of the cost, much healthier with real ingredients that you have on hand and to your liking. Your wallet & waistline will thank you.
What equipment you'll need to make this dressing
You can make this citrus avocado salad dressing in a simple mason jar with a tight fit lid. Just add all the ingredients and shake like crazy! However, I find that by giving it a few blitzes in a high-speed blender creates a better-emulsified salad dressing, more like the store-bought ones.
How to store vegan salad dressing
Store this dressing in a tightly sealed glass container and it will be good for a week in the fridge. Keep in mind that it might separate, but that's ok. Give it a good shake before pouring it on to your salad.
Ingredients for the dressing
I like this dressing because it's so simple. Like any other good salad dressing, you need your oil, your acidic element, something sweet, and of course salt & pepper.
- Avocado oil - I switched recently to avocado oil and I love it so far, but you can use extra virgin olive oil or even hemp oil.
- OJ - Yep, orange juice that is going to act like our citric element. I like orange juice because it tastes fresh and sweet but you can also use lemon juice.
- Honey - use vegan honey or agave syrup. If you have local honey that will be great too.
- Salt & pepper - because let's be serious, who makes anything without salt and pepper?
How to make this citrus dressing
Just blend everything together in a high-speed blender for a few seconds or add all your ingredients in a jar, close it tightly and shake - shake until it's well incorporated.
Try also these delicious salad recipes!
- Arugula Quinoa Salad w/ Mustard Lemon Vinaigrette
- Vegan Mexican Quinoa Bowl
- Sweet Potato Falafel Salad
I love to see all your yummy creations! ♡
Citrus Avocado Salad Dressing
- 4 tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 4 tbsp orange juice, juice from one orange
- 1 tbsp vegan honey, or agave syrup
- salt & pepper , to taste
- Add all the ingredients in a jar. Close tightly with the lid and shake very well. Otherwise, add all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend for a few seconds until the dressing is well mixed. Drizzle over your delicious salad & enjoy!
- The dressing will keep well in the fridge, in a tight glass jar for one week.