This 5-minute chia seed berry jam is so healthy and much better for you than the store-bought stuff. Whip a batch of this sweet-ish jam and top everything from your toast to your oatmeal, or even stirr it in a refreshing cup of coconut yogurt. Delish!
- 2 cups frozen or fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (maple syrup, coconut sugar etc.)
- Bring your fruit to a boil in a small saucepan. (until it breaks down and gets bubbly). Take off the heat.
- Then mash your fruit with a fork. If you like you can leave some big chunks of fruit.
- Next stir in your chia seeds and add your sweetener.
- Let it cool for a couple of hours (the jam will thicken a lot) and then store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Some fruits that work wonders in this chia seed jam are berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc.) pineapple, kiwis, peaches, basically any kind of juicy fruits. Experiment with different combos and see what you like best.
- This will work perfectly fine with frozen berries. Fresh ones are rarely in season (especially where I live, and they are VERY expensive). Frozen fruits tend to be much cheaper.